How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to understand. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.