How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work properly if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.